Williams-Sonoma Pumpkin Dessert Squares
The good folk at Williams-Sonoma were handing out samples of these a few weeks back. They were (of course) just scrumptious. These were made with Muirhead Pumpkin Pecan Butter (sold at W-S, needless to say), but I would imagine that any good pumpkin butter would do just fine.
Yields: 16 Servings
- 1 (18 ounce) boxes yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 13 ounces pumpkin butter ( specifically 1 13-oz. jar of pumpkin pecan butter)
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Reserve 1 cup of cake mix and set aside.
3. Mix remaining cake with with 1/2 cup melted butter and 1 egg. Press mixture lightly into the bottom of a 13" x 9" baking dish.
4. Mix one jar of pumpkin pecan butter with remaining two eggs and milk, and pour over cake mixture in pan.
5. Mix remaining 1 cup cake mix with flour, sugar, remaining 1/4 cup butter, and cinnamon, and crumble over the top of the pumpkin layer.
6. Bake 35-40 minutes, or until golden.
7. Cool to room temp and serve.