Broccoli And Sausage With Shells
- 2 Tbls olive oil
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage, removed from casings and crumbled
- 2 cloves finely chopped garlic
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 head broccoli cut into florets
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 12 oz. cooked small pasta shells
- salt and pepper
- 4 thin slices of white bread, toasted and diced
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1. Heat oil in pan and cook sausage and garlic until sausage is no longer pink. Stir in pepper flakes and broccoli. Pour in chicken stock and bring to a simmer.
2. Cover and cook for about 1-2 minutes . Remove lid and stir in cooked pasta and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Serve warm and garnish with bread cubes and Parmesan cheese.