West Town Tavern Potato Chips
Yields: 4-6 Servings
- 1 pound Idaho potatoes, about 2 potatoes
- 1 gallon canola oil, for deep frying
- 1 tsp white truffle oil
- 1 Tbl reduced balsamic syrup*
- 1 Tbl chopped fresh rosemary
- 3 Tbls grated Parmesan cheese
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Scrub potatoes and pat dry, do not peel. Use a mandoline or sharp knife to slice the potatoes crosswise 1/16th inch thick.
2. Heat the canola oil to 350°F and deep fry potatoes until crisp and golden.
3. Drain potatoes and transfer to a large bowl. Drizzle the potatoes with white truffle oil, balsamic syrup, rosemary and Parmesan cheese.
4. Season chips with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Toss chips well to distribute seasonings.
5. Serve immediately
*To make balsamic syrup: combine 1 quart balsamic vinegar and 1 cup dark brown sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer until vinegar is reduced by 75% and is syrupy. Let cool completely before using.