Two Ingredient Pumpkin Cake with Apple Cider Glaze
- 1 Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 - 15 ounce can of pumpkin puree
For the Glaze:
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 Tablespoons apple cider
- 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1. Empty the contents of the boxed cake mix and pumpkin puree into a large bowl. Using a hand-mixer or stand mixer, beat until well incorporated. The batter will be very thick but will come together nicely.
2. Pour batter into a greased 7 x 11 X 2 pan. This is the small, rectangular-sized pan from your Pyrex set. You know the set you had to have when you got married and rarely ever used all the pieces. Finally, you have a use for it.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Do not over bake.
4. Let cool for 5-10 minutes in the pan, then flip onto a platter.
5. Make the glaze while you're waiting. Combine powdered sugar, apple cider, and pumpkin pie spice. Glaze should be thick but pourable. Add more sugar or cider if needed. Pour over the cake while still warm. Reserve some to pour over each slice when served.