Streusel Squares (93)
Yields: 6 Servings
- ½ lb. Butter – Room Temp
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour – Sifted
- 14 Tbsp. Butter
- 3 ½ Cups Flour
- 1 Tsp. Cinnamon
- ¾ Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- Confectioner’s Sugar
1. For the dough, combine ½ lb. of butter, cream cheese and 2 cups of sifted flour and beat at a slow speed with an electric mixer. Spread the dough evenly in a 15x10x1 inch jelly roll pan.
2. For the crumb topping, combine the butter, flour, cinnamon and sugar. Work together with your hands. Add oil and continue working together until small, uniform crumbs form.
3. Sprinkle the crumbs over the batter and bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.
4. Cool for 5 minutes and then cut into squares. Sprinkle generously with confectioner’s sugar.