Skirt Steak Marinade
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 4 scallions, washed and cut in 1/2
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar or Mexican brown sugar
- 2 pounds inside skirt steak, cut into 3 equal pieces
1. In a blender, put in oil, soy sauce, scallions, garlic, lime juice, red pepper, cumin, and sugar and puree.
2. In a large heavy duty, zip top bag, put pieces of skirt steak and pour in marinade. Seal bag, removing as much air as possible. Allow steak to marinate for 1 hour in refrigerator.
3. Remove steak from bag and pat dry with paper towels.