Jump to navigation Jump to search
Pineapple Torte (178)
Yields: 12 Servings
- ¼ Cup Butter
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Cake Flour
- 1 ½ Tsp. Baking Powder
- 2 Eggs – Separated
- 1 ½ Tsp. Vanilla
- ½ Cup Milk
- 1/3 Cup Pecans – Chopped
- 1 Cup Whipping Cream
- 2 Tbsp. Powdered Sugar
- 8 oz. Crushed Pineapple – Drained
- 1. Cream butter and ½ cup sugar in a bowl. Beat in egg yolks and ½ tsp. vanilla. Beat in flour, baking powder and milk until smooth.
- 2. Spread into bottom of two greased and floured 8” or 9” round pans.
- 3. Beat egg whites and 1 tp. Of vanilla until stiff peaks stage. Then beat in the remaining ½ cup sugar slowly until stiff. Spread this on top of the raw cake batter and sprinkle with nuts.
- 4. Make the filling by whipping the cream with the vanilla and powdered sugar.
- 5. Fold in the pineapple and spread ½ of this between the cakes and the other ½ on top of the cakes.
- 6. Chill and serve.