Panera Bread Asian Sesame Chicken Salad
Yields: 4 Servings
- 2 wonton wrappers
- canola oil, for frying
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 4 cups loosely packed bite-size pieces romaine lettuce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts (grilled and sliced thin) 1:tablespoon sesame seed
Asian Sesame Dressing
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed, toasted
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup canola oil or 3/4 cup vegetable oil
1. Preheat the oven to 350°.
2. Cut the wonton wrappers into 1/4-inch strips.
3. Heat about 2 inches of canola oil to 365° in a heavy skillet. Fry the wonton strips in the oil until they are crisp, about 30 seconds. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
4. Spread the almonds out on a baking sheet. Toast them in the oven for 5 minutes, toss them around, and then toast for 5 minutes more. Remove from the oven and let cool.
5. To make the dressing, in a bowl, mix together all of the ingredients except the oil. Use a wire whisk to blend well and then slowly drizzle in the oil to create an emulsion.
6. To assemble the salad, in a large bowl, toss the romaine lettuce, cilantro, fried wonton strips, chicken and dressing.
7. Transfer to plates and top with the sesame seeds and almonds.