Flourless Chocolate Cake II
A decadent, guilt free chocolate cake without flour or sugar.
- 1/3 second spray butter flavored spray
- 4 unsweetened baking chocolate squares
- 1/3 cup Splenda
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 5 large egg whites
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 tbsps cocoa powder
1. Pre-heat oven to 350° F (175° C).
2. Coat a 9" springform pan with butter-flavored cooking spray.
3. In bowl of an electric mixer, beat egg whites on high until stiff, glossy peaks form.
4. Microwave chocolate in microwave-safe bowl on high for 1 to 2 minutes. Stir until smooth.
5. Scrape into a mixing bowl. Stir in cocoa, nuts, Splenda, sour cream, eggs, and vanilla extract. With a spatula, fold in egg whites.
6. Spoon batter into prepared pan and gently smooth top. Bake for 30 minutes and cool.
7. Loosen edges of pan and remove cake. Cake will deflate.
8. Note: if you'd like, serve warm with low carb ice cream or fresh whipped cream, or simply dust with icing sugar.
Trying this out tonight...serving it with fresh raspberries in Splenda sweetened raspberry sauce....I'll let you know how it goes over with company. Maybe a scoop of no-fat vanilla ice cream too.