Jump to navigation Jump to search
Floating Island (216)
- (Also see Oeufs ala Neige)
Yields: 6 Servings
- 6 Egg Whites
- 18/4 Tsp. Cream of Tartar
- ¾ Cup Sugar
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla
- 2 Large Boxes vanilla Pudding – Cooked
- 1 Tbsp. Vanilla
- 1. Butter a 1 qt. casserole dish and dust with sugar. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
- 2. Egg whites should be at room temperature. Beat whites until foamy. Add cream of tartar and gradually beat in sugar until stiff peaks. Beat in vanilla.
- 3. Put into a casserole dish and bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Remove from oven and let set at room temperature for 30 minutes. When cool, cover and refrigerate.
- 4. For the sauce, make the pudding according to the box instructions but increase the milk by ½ called for. After cooked, add vanilla and chill.