Chocolate Chocolate Chip Nut Muffins
Yields: 12 Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup whole almonds
- 4 tablespoons white sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
2. In medium bowl, Sift together flour, cocoa, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In large bowl stir in milk, egg, oil and vanilla. Mix dry ingredients to large bowl; beat well. Add chocolate chips and walnuts, stir well.
3. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full. Poke almonds into tops of unbaked muffins. Sprinkle muffins with sugar.
4. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.