Chocolate Cherry Cookies
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup dried cherries
1. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
3. Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
4. Beat the butter and sugar together in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium-high speed, until light and fluffy.
5. Beat the egg, coffee granules, and vanilla into the butter and sugar mixture until blended.
6. Change the speed to low and pour in the flour mixture. Beat until just combined.
7. Stir in semisweet chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, and dried cherries.
8. Drop spoonfuls of the dough two inches apart onto the prepared baking sheets.
9. Bake 10 to 12 minutes per batch in the preheated oven, until cookies are just becoming firm.
10. Let cool on baking sheets for two minutes.
11. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.