- 3 whole chicken breasts
- 1/2 lb. mushrooms
- 4 green onions
- 1 cup chicken stock base (low salt)
- 1 (4 oz.) pkg. cashew nuts (rinse off salt)
- 1/4 c. soy sauce (low salt)
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp salad oil
- (I added one can of water chestnuts cut in quarters) (Next time I will add some pea pods too.)
1. Bone chicken and remove skin. Slice horizontally into slices, 1/8" thick; then cut into 1" squares. Arrange on tray.
2. Slice mushrooms. Cut green part of onion into 1" long pieces; slice white part 1/4" thick. Arrange on tray.
3. Pour chicken broth into small pitcher. Mix soy sauce, cornstarch, sugar and salt. Pour into small pitcher. Place oil and nuts in container.
4. Arrange ingredients at table with electric fry pan. Heat 1 tablespoon oil to 350 degrees.
5. Add cashews all at once. Cook 1 minute, shaking pan. Remove and set aside.
6. Add remaining oil and chicken. Cook, quickly turning, until opaque. Add mushrooms and broth. Cover and simmer 2 minutes.
7. Stir in soy sauce and cook until thickened, stirring constantly. Simmer 1 minute, uncovered.
8. Mix in onions. Sprinkle with cashew nuts. Serve over bed of white rice.
I made this a second time adding water chestnuts and pea pods...it was even better!