Yields: 12 Servings
- 4 Tbsp. Dry Yeast
- ½ Cup Water
- ½ Cup Sugar
- 2 Tsp. Salt
- ½ Cup Milk – Warm
- 6 Egg Yolks
- 3 Egg – Whole
- 4 Cups Flour
- 1 Cup Butter – Unsalted
1. Dissolve yeast in the warm water. Put the softened yeast in a large bowl and mix well with the sugar, salt, milk, egg yolks and eggs.
2. Add 3 cups flour and stir with softened butter.
3. Turn the dough onto a floured surface and knead well for at least 10 minutes, adding flour as necessary. The dough should form a glossy ball with no stickiness.
4. Place it in a bowl and allow it to double in bulk at room temperature, for about 1 ½ hours. Punch it down, return it to the bowl and refrigerate overnight. The slow rise in the refrigerator creates a very good texture.
5. Remove the dough and let it warm up to room temperature. Punch it down and roll it into the desired shape. Let it rise until almost double in bulk and bake in a 450 degree oven for 10 minutes, more or less depending on its shape.