Named after a village I used to live near.
- 100gms. butter
- 350gms. soft brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 250gms. self raising flour
- 2 level teaspoons ground ginger
- grated rind of one orange
1. Cream butter and sugar
2. Beat in egg.
3. Sieve flour and ginger, stir into mixture with orange rind.
4. Work into a smooth dough.
5. Break off walnut size pieces, roll into balls and place well apart on a greased baking tray.
6. Bake for 25 minutes at 300 f, 150 c gas 2. The biscuits will become hollow inside and crisp when cold.
Conversions for the U. S
- 100 gms butter equals 1/2 cup
- 350 gms Brown Sugar equals 1 3/4 cups
- 250 gms self raising flour equals 1 1/4 cups.
I weighed these on my scales and the placed them in our measuring cups to make sure what they were. Cookies turned out beautiful and taste even better this evening after making them this morning. Thanks Jacky! they are definitely hollow inside and very cripsy....what we might call a ginger snap here. Only a blonde one